Tips for Healthy Teeth
- Always move your toothbrush in a short, gentle, circular motion.
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle when brushing. Try to get the bristle tips directly under the gumline.
- Pay attention to detail. Always try to brush the outer, inner and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Brush your tongue. This removes bacteria and freshens your breath.
- Use around 18 inches of floss. Wind most of it around the middle finger on both hands.
- Use a gentle, sawing motion when sliding the floss between your teeth.
- Move the floss in an up-and-down motion while holding it against the tooth.
- Always remember to floss the backside of your tooth.
We serve patients in all of the following areas: Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Morrisville, Raleigh, Garner.